Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sadie Shops the Hood

Welcome to urban living - I guess that's what you would call it - it's definitely not the 'Burbs. But after nine years I've grown to love this section of town. It's definitely alive and diverse. You are visiting an area known as Antique Row - got your walking shoes on?

Zac's Attic - a little on the pricey side but nice things


Folk Arts Rare Records - does anyone still have a stereo?



Hood Antiques

I've always loved the Chinese dragons above their doors. Very mysterious! No doubt nefarious goings on in the alley! NOT - a very nice older couple own the place.


This used to a cute antique shop but now is Tibet Gift House.



Hepburn's Closet, the new kid on the block!

Hungry? Maybe Jayne can help!

Jayne's Gastropub - sorry the G got cutoff!

A neighborhood favorite, Antique Row Cafe serves things up retro style. You will be hard pressed to find a table over the weekends but it's worth the wait! It's even rated in Zagat's.

Senior Mango's for fresh fruit smoothies


John Michael's Salon and Souza's Hair Color & Design both style and color hair and both right next to each other!

Dragonfly Salon about two blocks from the guys above

Skin Deep for facials


AcuCare Health Center offers holistic type medicine, massages and accupuncture. A couple of the neighbors have been there and recommend it.

Tattoo You at Avalon Tattoo II

El Rayo Guitar shop is right next door to Avalon

Classic Bows Violin offers all matters relating to violins


Interested in a new bike, used bike, bike repair?


Hope you had fun shopping the Hood! Be sure to click on the links for more info. By the way, the lovely Sadie says hello - she's not feeling so hot today :(

Bye for now!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Bonnie! What a fun tour of the "Hood" and the antique shops! I never really knew this part of SD...just the "famous" landmarks like the zoo, Sea World...but your neck of the woods looks like a lot of fun! Miss Sadie looks a bit beat...too much antiquing for this little furry girl! You are inspiring me to do a post after the play is over on a great antiquing town called Stillwater, MN. We went yesterday and spent 6 hours antiquing and we didn't even see everything! We were on Main St., and it had that feel of Main St. U.S.A. It was so charming. Thanks again dear friend for doing such a lovely post on the play; next Saturday for act 2, please bring Miss Sadie...she will love M.Balzac!! Fondly, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Bonnie,

    I thank you profusely for your friendship and sweet encouragement...every word and quote and ounce of friendly energy is much appreciated and I cherish it so much. To make it short, Ruben and I were almost killed in an accident today and I am alive and in one piece to reflect on my attitude...I pray to God that I can see straight every day of my life in order to put things in perspective because we were spared literally by a hair. It was quite ugly. Thanks again my dear, dear friend. Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love antique shops. I enjoyed seeing all the different shops in your hood. Thanks for the tour and thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog. Oh, and that Sadie girl is a cutie pie. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tour, Sadie and Bonnie! I love the variety of interesting shops that you have there! Zac's attic looks especailly promising! I hope that you like my SPS recommendation. I really do! Have a wonderful weekend!!!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    I came to visit from Anita's blog and I am so glad I did.
    Years ago I lived in LA and one of my favorite things was to head down to SD. Thank you for the tour. Sadie too!

    Please stop by and visit when you get the chance.

    hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete