Sunday, September 6, 2009

I love the 80s Videos

Welcome to the 80s - In no particular order, I would like to present a few of my favorite TV videos from that fabulous decade of big hair and shoulder pads!

Love Shack - The B52s
Here's a shout out to Debbie in Georgia
See if you can spot Ru Paul in this video



Safety Dance - Men Without Hats
A totally non-sensical song but lots of fun
This one's for you Heidi!




I Can Dream About You - Dan Hartman
One of my fave songs from Streets of Fire




Walk Like an Egyptian - The Bangles
This song goes out to my niece Jamie who loved the Bangles and to Gina
who is literally Walk(ing) Like an Egyptian



Everybody Wants to Rule the World - Tears for Fears
It's quintessentially 80s and reminds me of the Brat Pack




Prince Charming - Adam Ant
A terribly campy video but I loved Adam Ant
I think Johnny Depp channeled Adam Ant for Capt. Jack Sparrow
Everybody do the Prince Cha - ming!
Anita! Notice the harp!



Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
From the Motown 25th Anniversary where MJ debuted the Moonwalk




There's such a great catalogue of music from the 80s that it's impossible to cover in one post so we'll have to do a part 2 or even 3. Let me hear from you. What were your fave songs from the 80s and I'll try and find it for you! I'm taking dedications!





5 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie! How much fun!! Thanks for the shout out from the Shaque d'Amour!! lol You chose some great videos. One that still fascinates me is Lionel Richie's "Dancing on the Ceiling." It was quite a feat in its day!!
    I scrolled down and read the sunflower story...very touching! I love them, too. What a special gift she gave you.
    I hope you are having a wonderful Labor Day weekend.Congratulations on your new blog! I love your new avatar, by the way!...hugs...Debbie
    PS You melted a fur baby mama's heart by knowing that was my dear Ozzie!! Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bon! Thanks for my Safety Dance! I was bopping in my chair and waving my arms during the video! Does that count as exercise? Please? Enjoyed this musical walk down memory lane! Still love big hair but with the help of my new stylist, I'm trying to move forward to the new millenium!
    See ya,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bon Bon!
    You should see me do the "Walk like an Egyptian dance" as I type this. LOL. It's quite a feat, lemme tell ya! Thanx for shoutout! I LOVE THE 80's. I miss it so. The music was fantastic. I loved The Cure, U2, Eurythmics, Madonna, Culture Club, Thompson Twins, A-Ha, Flock of Seagulls, Spandau Ballet...I could gush on. If I still had my 80's Madonna hair bows, fingerless black laced gloves, array of beaded necklaces, crucifixes, torn off the shoulder Flashdance shirts and leggings---I would put it on right now and "get into the groove" right here in my living room. LoL. Thanks for bringing it ALL back!

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie darling!! First of all, when I saw your comment on my blog, I thought, "Oh, there is another Bonnie!" I love your new photo!!! I didn't recognize you!! I LOVE THIS WALK THROUGH MEMORY LANE! The 1980s when Ruben and I met, dated, got married and moved to Massachusetts! I remember hearing, "Everybody wants to rule the world" at work over and over on the radio...the big shoulder pad shirts, and the LOVE SHACK! You really know how to make the best montages of memories Bonnie....I need to skip on over the the Beehive to see what you're up to. Hey, did you see the results on my blog? Have a great Labor Day!! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some GREAT 80s songs!!! FUN!

    ReplyDelete