Monday, May 4, 2015

In no particular...


...order. Here are random bits in no particular order that have happened within the last two weeks!

One thing, kind of a big thing, I have noticed about Texas is the weird weather. The morning will start off beautiful with sunny skies, and then by early afternoon the weather takes a turn for the dramatic. The skies darken, it rains hard (somebody call Noah) it starts to thunder and lightning and if you're lucky (!), it starts to hail like in this picture. This is the side yard looking towards the neighbors. All those white things on the ground is hail. Later in the evening the rain came down so hard a little river formed between us. Thank goodness there wasn't a twister. In San Diego they report "micro-climate" weather on the news, here it's called "your severe weather climate." Wow, emphasis on the severe!


OMG - Tim McGraw had given a private concert at The Del Coronado and who was there on the beach but two of my besties, Cheri and Gloria. They ended up with a free concert, on the beach, no one was shooed away. This is SoCal at its best, just a relaxed state of mind!


I decided to do a bit of snooping in my sister's craft room. It is jam packed with all kinds of whatnots and such but I couldn't help but be attracted to these buttons like some clever little bird ready to fly off with something shiny.


 Don't forget Mother's Day is May 10th. I also found this cute plaque while rummaging around. So warm, so bright, so real, so right, so kind, so cool, it's clear mom's rule!


 Japanese yummies in Texas - yay! I was so happy to find these in an Asian market. It would be so much better if it were fresh but these fit the bill ok. I also found some crystallized ginger, sweet and spicy at the same market.


I picked up this teapot for one at the Goodwill in San Diego just before I left. I couldn't resist. It's by Tracy Porter and was only $3.


I only just opened it today and found a lovely surprise. Take a look! A little flower painted at the bottom of the cup to wish me a happy day!


Oh, now here's a little gem of a portrait of me done in 1997. Notice how short my hair is. This caricature of me was part of an Admin Day celebration the hotel (I worked at Hilton Hawaiian Village at the time) put on for us. It was a fun luncheon full of surprises. PS - the dog in the picture is Noelani our family boxer.

The bunnies were purchased at San Diego Goodwill around Easter, the glasses are brand new and shouldn't be left lying around like that! They are a dark brown surrounded by mint green and helped me pass my eye exam at the DMV. The note card to the right of it is one I just fancied. It features birds and bird cages.


In my last post I did mention that I would tell you about a fun shopping experience I had.at The Marketstreet in The Woodlands, TX. The website seems so snooty but I found everyone in the shops to be very friendly.

Here's the Z Gallerie. I haven't been here since I can't remember.This was a cute display with a bed done up in white and chocolate with adorable twin bears.


 I loved the Kate Spade store. It was bright, colorful, friendly and just so darn expensive but there sure were a number of lovely things.



Trina Turk has an equally lovely shop. Too bad I had nothing but moths flying out of my coin purse!




So on a totally different subject, besides being May 4th, did you know today is Star Wars Day? No? I just found out myself! I leave you with this gem from Yoda, the greatest Jedi Knight ever:

 Do or do not. There is no try.


Peace out!



7 comments:

  1. Howdy Bonnie! You're in Texas! I love it. So good to connect again. Hopefully we can both keep the blogging going. Take care dear one.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Bonnie,
    I have been away from the computer for weeks, so just now catching up.
    Leave Anita a comment on her blog, I am sure she will get back to you.. I will also let her know you are trying to get in touch when I hear from her.

    I hope you are doing well in Texas.. I must say, this is quite a change in weather.
    Looks like you have been busy...
    blessings dear friend. Thank you so much for visiting
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. DEAR DEAR BONNIE! Good morning! First of all, our dear Penny had mentioned you were inquiring about me! I had to finish up this last week with school and things just got too busy, but here I am. AND thank you for coming to my blog post. TEXAS, HUH? As you are describing the weather, it sure sounds a lot like Minnesota! We had the strangest hail storm one day back in early May too. I hope you are well? I hope you are enjoying your new living situation?

    HUGS TO YOU!!!!! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new Year Bonnie! I hope this note finds you well. It has been so long since we visited.
    blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. The catch is this: if you’re not used to using a steam cleaner to clean your jewelry, you’d be better off taking your stone to a jeweler who may have one, but do show the jeweler your diamond first and see if he would do a steam cleaning procedure on it.

    poshmark success

    ReplyDelete
  6. A customer who was trying to decide between several diamonds. Her husband wanted to buy her the stone with the best report, but she preferred another stone which, according to what was on the reports, wasn't as good. Scottsdale diamonds

    ReplyDelete
  7. Available in stunning designs and eye catchy styles, Nakshatra reflect the personality and beauty of women in a great way. The sparkling Nakshatra jewellerylightens up any occasion whether it is a wedding ceremony or just a family-get-together. Scottsdale diamonds

    ReplyDelete