Sunday, February 21, 2010

And the winner is....

Isn't she beautiful! Congratulations to Sadie the Scottie for winning the 2010 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show.



Sadie showed charm and grace and a winning form to take Best in Show. In true diva style, Sadie, along with her entourage, made the rounds to the morning talk shows after only 2-3 hours of sleep. She yawned on Good Morning America and elicited oohs and ahhs from Whoopi Goldberg on The View who declared Sadie "gorgeous!"



Still, I have to say that Sadie, the part boxer/terrier cross I share my life with, won my heart years ago and is my Top Dog! Sadie entered my life when I found her in 2000 at a nearby animal shelter. She was adopted on the day her last puppy found a home. The reason Sadie and her pups were there you wonder...the owner said they had too many animals. When I found Sadie she did not even have a name. Their loss, my terrific gain. I couldn't ask for a better companion than my sweet Sadie.


I sometimes wonder what Sadie's life was like before we found each other. She was a little skittish when she arrived home. Any loud noise or sudden movement would unnerve her. She would also not jump up on the couch or bed. I'm guessing she wasn't allowed to do that in her previous home but for me it's all part of the fun of having an animal in the family.


Pure bred dogs and cats are wonderful, our family has had many from Boxers and Lhasa Apso's to award winning (blue ribbon, baby!) Siamese cats. We've also had our share of loveable mutts and the ocassional stray cat that found it's way to our house.

I ask that the next time you think of adding a four-legged companion to your family that you consider your local animal shelter. There are many loving hearts there who are begging to share their love and companionship with you. And when adopting, please remember this dog, cat, bunny or guinea pig is a "forever" member of your family.

You can help support shelter animals with food by following this link The Animal Rescue Site or by using the button located on the sidebar.


Have a fabulous Sunday and Sadie, Kitty and I send our love.
PeAce out!


9 comments:

  1. Oh I love this post Bonnie. This is a cause that is near and dear to my heart. I've had my share of purebred dogs - one was a show queen, but the rest were rescue dogs. And I've had plenty of heinz 57's and foster dogs. Our current cat, who I must say is one of the best pets I've ever had, was found in a rain puddle by the dumpster at work and brought home by my softie daughter. But the most important part of your post is the reminder that these pets are forever members of your family, not to be tossed aside when it's no longer convenient to have them. And the unconditional love and loyalty they give cannot be compared to anything. Love this! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bonnie! BOTH Sadies are just darling! How are you? I haven't heard from you for a while....

    Bisous to Sadie the Great and Kitty!

    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have an adorable Sadie, and she is so lucky to have found you! We dog sat this weekend for our niece and her husband. We so enjoy it when Mabel comes to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your Sadie is just beautiful Bonnie. I am so happy that you have both found each other ~ Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie,

    Sadie is beautiful! What a lucky dog! We prefer getting our animals from shelters/rescues too. Of course, Kramer was sent to us by God (there is no doubt in my mind that God said-"Go to that house right there") as he was a stray feral kitten. This post is wonderful:).

    Blessings,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there-lucky you to have such a gorgeous friend and such lovely pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnus! You came to Nowhere and brought the darling Paisley....she must make an appearance soon via my pen. Hmmmm....what kind of things does she like or is know for?Anita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your love for your Sadie shines through....
    Decided to use this venue to tell you the Webinar I'm attending is "Women Inspired". I won a ticket on another blog and decided to check it out. I've "attended" several sessions - just don't have time to put my whole life on hold for the week.

    I'm using Blogger in Draft as my default dashboard. It has a lot of features and I've been playing with it while I listened to Webinar. There are an amazing # of options for updating ones blogs--and a few kinks that I can't overcome.

    ReplyDelete