Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Mission Bay

Good morning/afternoon/evening, wherever it is you are tuning in from! Thought you might enjoy a recent stroll I took along Mission Bay Park here in San Diego. Awhile back I used to work at a hotel along the bay but did not know the bay is the largest man-made aquatic park in the country....
Lilies and ferns


The Park consists of 4,235 acres, approximately 46% land and 54% water, and as you can see, offers a wide range of recreational activities including paths for walking and jogging, and playgrounds for the kiddoes.


A view through the Bird of Paradise and the city of Clairmont in the distance

I can't begin to tell you how beautiful the park is when the kite clubs get together and fill the skies with their exotic kites or when families are out on a picnic or sail. Fire rings make it possible to cook out and stay warm.. Annual attendance in the park hovers around 15 million. But this morning it's just me and my sister!

The dock

I'd LOVE to hear from you, let me know how you enjoyed the tour.
Come back again!

1 comment:

  1. Mission Bay is gorgeous! I spent many years down there as a child when my great grandparents lived on the bay. Awwww... memories!

    ReplyDelete